A Rugged Jack who Carries a Quiver
Cypher Use: Can bear two cyphers at a time.
Practiced With Light and Medium Weapons: Can use light and medium weapons without penalty. If you wield a heavy weapon, increase the difficulty of the attack by +1
Flex Skill: At the beginning of each day, choose one task (other than attacks or defense) on which you will concentrate. For the rest of that day, you’re trained in that task. You can’t use this ability with a skill you’re already trained in to become specialized.
Tricks of the Trade:
• Pierce (1 Speed point): This is a well-aimed, penetrating ranged attack. Inflicts 1 additional point of damage if weapon has a sharp point. Action.
• Skill With Defense (Might): Trained in defense tasks of that type. Unlike most tricks of the trade, can select this trick up to three times. Each time its selected, must choose a different type of defense task.Enabler.
Archer (Tier 1):
Can spend points from either Speed Pool or Intellect Pool to apply levels of Effort to increase bow damage. Each level of Effort adds 3 points of damage to a successful attack. Enabler.
• Trained in tracking (S). (Jack skill pick)
• Trained in all tasks involving climbing (T), jumping (T), running (T), and swimming (T) (Rugged)
• Trained in all tasks involving placating natural animals (T). (Rugged)
• Trained in all tasks involving identifying plants (T). (Rugged)
• Fletcher. You are trained in making arrows (T). (Archer)
Inability: No social graces and prefer animals to people. The difficulty of any task involving charm, persuasion, etiquette, or deception is increased by +1.
• Dagger (light weapon)
• Battle Axe (medium weapon)
• Javelin (medium, long range weapon)
• Well-made Bow
• 18 Arrows
• Hides and Furs (Armor 1)
• An Explorer’s Pack
• A Pack of Light Tools
• 50 Extra Feet (15 m) of Rope
• Two Days’ Worth of Rations
Money: 27 shins
Cyphers: Dmpening Boots (get specs from GM), Gas Bomb (level 7, poisonous gas: living creatures that breathe suffer damage equal to the cypher level)
Oddities: Metal Nodule (when placed on the neck makes you experience a brief memory of piloting a starship orbiting the earth)
Current XP: 5
Background: School of Hard Knocks
Suggested Background Hint: You are in love with a local shopkeeper, but that person shows little interest in you.
Kingdom of Origin: Navarene
Initial Connection to Adventure: There is reward involved, and you need the money.
Connection to PCs: Was given a Well-made Bow by Adair
A hunter from the North, Mikhail’s past is a very mundane story. He has no inhibitions when it comes to answering questions about himself, but his answers tend to be blunt and direct.
What is known about him:
-He is 25 years old
-Mikhail and his fraternal twin brother, Nikoli, were born on the outskirts of the Westwood near the southern border of Navarene.
-Their mother passed away shortly after they were born.
-His brother is a merchant
-Likes to play the “Knife Game”. Apparently they don’t have this custom in the south.